2017-08-02

15 for 15: Ælfwynn the scribe

So many things have happened since my last post! I haven't kept up with my BuJo = a lot less things are getting done on the blog.. I have kept VERY busy though!

I entered Nordmark's Principality tournament with Herr Krake.. and we WON! So since Doublewars I've been the Princess of Nordmark. A somewhat strange feeling after over 15 years in the Society.. but a lot of fun and a lot of work!
I set a goal for myself to start doing scrolls again, and since becoming Princess I've made 8 thus far!

V.ä.V. in Gyllengran

2. The Hare of Nordmark: Ossi Orava (Ossi Nash)
I made the calligraphy and Siiri Hyvämieli made the illumination. She won my choice in the blank scroll competition at Double wars and is actually Ossi's big sister :)
He got The Squirrel of Nordmark (children taking part)
.............................................................................................
3. The Unicorn of Nordmark: Siiri Hyvämieli ( Siiri Nash)
Together with my daughter Tuva (Beatrix Gareysin) I made this scroll for Siiri. Tuva made the illumination and I the calligraphy. The Unicorn of Nordmark is an A&S award for children and she got it for her illuminations.
The original on top: Galloping Unicorn by Brunetto Latini ("Li Livres dou Trésor, Rouen" ca 1450-80
Tuva's version on the bottom
A bling M by Tuva

.............................................................................................

4. The Order of The Golden Ribbon: Styrbjörn Bärsärk (Peter Mellbin)
A Golden Ribbon (service in the Principality) for long time overdue Styrbjörn Bärsärk (Peter Mellbin). Classic Celtic which I added simple text to.




.............................................................................................

5. AoA Astrid Kajlung (Malin Lannerhed)
A 14th c lovers knot for Astrid Kajlung's (Malin Lannerhed) AoA
Gold dots all around

Other awards given out at VäV by us:
Golden Ribbon for Orm av Gyllengran (Illuminated by ristina Petersdotter and Calligraphy by Agnes Odygd)

.............................................................................................

Cudgel war in Aarnimetsä

Golden ribbon for both Ludvig af Eke and Blenda af Nääs. 
Both scrolls made by the Baroness of Gotvik Aleydis.

.............................................................................................

Medieval week in Styringheim

TUESDAY COURT

6-7. Unicorn of Nordmark for Linnéa and Lovisa Weydehartz
I made them mirrored because they are twins. Tuva has made the illumination (except the Golden L) on Lovisa's scroll and the unicorns on both and I've made the rest.
Nordmark's unicorn is a a&s award for children. I also have them matching sewing kits made by (will add later)

The original from a Book of hours (will add the info after I get back from Visby..)

Other awards given out at Tuesday court:
Order of the Light: Viscountess Wilda Frejasdottir (scroll by Countess Agnes Odygd, Token by Countess Jovi Torstensdottir)

Backlog LjO for Viscountess Elise M'Gillone


FRIDAY COURT




Remember to send your recommendations!!


YIS

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar